Care and classes

Maternal Child Health Support Services (MCH)

Reno County Health Department 209 W 2nd Hutchinson, KS 67501 620-694-2900 Our goal is to have a healthy mother and baby, we help them to identify support systems, providing prenatal care, maintaining and encouraging good nutrition, providing medical, nutritional and parenting information. Eligibility: Any pregnant mother in Reno County, teenagers, mothers with limited support systems, financial systems and who are without medical care. Services include: education, exploration of financial resources, assistance in identifying support systems and counseling, nutritional counseling and referral to the WIC program, correspondence with your physician, childbirth preparation information. After delivery services: family planning counseling and referrals, follow-up care for mom/baby for the first year, infant care support. Services are provided by the Maternal and Infant program team of nurses, social worker, nutritionist, home visitor, your doctor and you.

Bump to Baby of Reno County

Reno County Health Department 209 W 2nd Hutchinson, KS 67501 620-694-2900 Sessions are held in the basement of Hutchinson Regional Medical Center Mothers along with their support people do not have to be signed up in advance to attend. Free Group perinatal education sessions that include; Session 1: Healthy Pregnancy/Prenatal Care- what to expect from your prenatal care. Session 2: Healthy Nutrition- learn how stress, certain foods and many other things can affect your pregnancy Session 3: Labor and Delivery- Signs and symptoms of preterm labor. Why the last weeks of pregnancy matter and what to expect during your labor and delivery. Session 4: Infant Feeding/Breastfeeding Basics- What to expect and how to overcome problems with breastfeeding. Session 5: Infant Care- Happiest baby on the block, period of purple crying, and SIDS risk reduction. Session 6: Postpartum Recovery/Interconception Care- health and regaining health between pregnancies. Mothers will receive a binder with information regarding these six sessions for the me to keep. At the end of the sessions mother can choose and incentive

Bump to Baby Community Baby Shower

This shower is free and held once each year and is in effort to decrease the infant mortality rate in Reno County. This stems from the Kansas Infant Death and SIDS Network (KIDS). Reno Co. expecting mothers and mothers with children under 1 year of age are invited to this free event along with their support people. Gifts and safe sleep environments will be provided for those in need (while supplies last). Education provided by our community partners on safe sleep, breastfeeding and tobacco cessation in addition to other topics. Spanish interpreter will be on site Tdap (diphtheria/tetanus/pertussis) vaccine offered with insurance For more information, call the Health Department at 620-694-2900

Hutchinson Clinic Women's Care

2101 N. Waldron 2201 Building Hutchinson, KS 67502 620-669-2500 Whether you are looking for an OB/GYN for preventive exams, need pregnancy care, or a specialist, you'll receive expert care from the Hutchinson Clinic Women's Care clinic. Services: Full service Obstetric Care Gynecological Care Breast Health Sonogram Services Integrated Mental Health Infertility Help Family Planning Gynecological Surgeries Enhanced Recovery After Surgery Protocols

Hutchinson Regional Medical Center Birthing

1701 E. 23rd Ave.
Hutchinson, KS 67502
620-665-2000 The team of obstetric physicians and trained nurses at The Birthing Center at Hutchinson Regional Medical Center will give you and your child the best care for a healthy start. We are here to help provide comfort and support during this memorable, life-changing time. We have an International Breastfeeding Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) on staff available to help make sure breastfeeding gets off to a great start. Whether your pregnancy is routine or high-risk, you’ll find a team of dedicated professionals monitoring you and your baby’s well being every step of the way. We’ll walk with you from the first prenatal care visit through labor and delivery. Our family birthing suites offer a warm, comforting, home-like setting complete with comprehensive medical services. Our nurturing environment is conducive to starting your baby’s life right.

Mid-Kansas Doula Services

620-381-6414 The doulas of Mid Kansas Doula Services provide full scale support to all growing families in Central Kansas. We support all birth choices and all parenting styles without bias or judgement. Services: Natural Birth Induced Labor Cesarean Birth Adoption Breastfeeding Formula Feeding Exclusive Pumping Attachment Parenting Scheduled Parenting Placenta Encapsulation

Birth & Women’s Health Center in Yoder

2913 E Red Rock Rd Yoder, KS 67585 620-465-2712 BWHC opened in 2004 and is licensed by the Kansas Department of Health & Environment. It was built as a cooperative effort by Amish & Mennonite churches in Reno County who continue to provide board oversight. Our center provides an alternative for childbearing families who anticipate a low-risk pregnancy and birth. We believe that childbearing is a normal event, not an illness. Within limits of safety, the entire birth experience can be as individualized as the client desires. Services: Prenatal care, birthing services, and postpartum care Childbirth education classes A homelike country setting ideal for natural childbirth Two attractive birth rooms, each with a private bathroom equipped with air jet tubs for labor relaxation A cozy kitchen/family room available for meal preparation & relaxation as the family and the laboring mother choose. (A birthday cake is baked here to celebrate the baby’s arrival.) Freedom to labor as the client chooses, with or without medication Family-centered care in which the baby remains with the parents during the entire stay here Early discharge to home (average stay approximately 6 hours postpartum) with two follow-up home visits or phone calls Women’s health care for women ages 10-99, including annual exams and pap smears, family planning, and gynecological care

Open Door Pregnancy Care Center

315 W 1st Ave Hutchinson, KS 67501 620-728-2229 24-hour hotline 800-712-HELP Services for women Pregnancy testing Maternal aid Parenting classes Post abortion recovery Sexual integrity program Services for men One-on-one male mentoring and support New Dad Boot Camp - 4 to 12-week sessions


Childcare options

Congrats, you're pregnant!

Though it may seem early, now is the perfect time to look into childcare for your baby. Currently, every childcare center in Reno County has a waiting list for newborns.


Visit the childcare directory page to explore your options.

Financial and insurance assistance

Do I qualify for WIC?

WIC serves Kansas residents who are:

  • Pregnant

  • Breastfeeding, up to baby's first birthday

  • Non-breastfeeding mothers, up to six months after baby's birth

  • Infants and children under five years old


WIC clients must meet WIC income guidelines and have a medical or nutritional need.

Many working people are eligible for WIC and don't realize it.

What are my options if I don't have health insurance for my baby?



KanCare is the program through which the State of Kansas administers Medicaid. All pre-2013 Medicaid services are now provided through the KanCare health plans. These include physical health services such as doctor appointments and hospital visits, behavioral health services, dental and vision care, pharmacy, transportation, and nursing facility care. All the services offered through the State’s Home and Community Based Services waivers are part of KanCare. The HealthWave and HealthConnect Kansas programs have ended, and all of those services are now provided through the KanCare health plans.

Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)

If your children need health coverage, they may be eligible for the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP). If they qualify, you won't have to buy an insurance plan to cover them.

CHIP provides low-cost health coverage to children in families that earn too much money to qualify for Medicaid. In some states, CHIP covers pregnant women. Each state offers CHIP coverage, and works closely with its state Medicaid program.

CHIP benefits provide comprehensive coverage, including:

  • Routine check-ups

  • Immunizations

  • Doctor visits

  • Prescriptions

  • Dental and vision care

  • Inpatient and outpatient hospital care

  • Laboratory and X-ray services

  • Emergency services